1st tune ever in your collection?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1st tune ever in your collection?  (Read 20058 times)
plukki
The Upsetting N-V Reggaeddl.com
N-V Full Member

ONE LOVE ONE HEART ONE WORLD JAHBLESS

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 08:19:22 am »

for me

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:32:39 am by plukki »

W O R L D S  L A R G E S T
N - V   R E G G A E   D D L
K I N G  O F  K I N G S
N U F F  V I B E Z
wittiko

one love, one heart, one family!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

my first and still one of my favorite

ras_rastaleafs   ras_lighter    ras_rastaleafs

Don Julian
N-V Full Member

PEACE!

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »

Oh man I can't remember it's over 30 years ago!
My mother, aunt and cousins owned several albums and 45s, not to mention numerous cassette tapes,
but I think my first self owned 45 somewehen in the early '80s, was BMW's Buffalo Soldier 12" or Pass the Dutchie by the underrated Musical Youth, global number one!
I also can't remember what was my first bought lp either.
It was probably a K-tel compilation with all the then current reggae hits.
Now I think about it, it's very odd; cause I can remember buying MJ's 'Thriller" in '83 possibly the first album I bought.
But I soon started to 'binge' on reggae releases so which one was first is lost in the foggy mists of yesteryear. Grin

What I DO remember is buying in a secondhand comic-shop Johnny Clarke's 'Rockers Time Now', Prince Far-I's 'Free from Sin' and Greyhound's 'Mango Rock' (cool but underrated Reggae/Soul album, check it out) almost all at the same time! To this day favourite albums.

Nice times, nice topic.

Peace,
DJ
bone
Sr. Full Member

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 05:42:14 am »

my first and still one of my favorite

ras_rastaleafs   ras_lighter    ras_rastaleafs
For me is the same album. My father have kaya in is collection...
The first reggae  tape that i buy was surely Bob Marley wich album? I can't remenber. But the tape that I remember was Burning Spear - Hail HIM. Cos for a long time i use to have the cover in my wallet. I was like hypnotise by the man on the white horse.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:07:47 am by bone »

The whole world is Africa but it's divided in continents and states.- Black Uhuru -
halloweed
Honorary N-V Full Member
N-V Full Member

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 04:31:03 pm »

thanks for this really interesting post yojimbo, it remand me back in the years  Grin

it passed a long time when i bought my first reggae album, maybe 20 years...i grow as the technology, first tapes then CDs and finally vinyls...

for sure my first reggae tapes, as a lot i think, was by Bob Marley, 'Legend' and 'Catch A Fire' who don't started with him  Cheesy

about CDs, firsts i bought was 'The Gladiators - Bongo Red' 'Alpha Blondy & The Wailers - Jerusalem' and 'Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution' bought all three in a reggae concert

finally, in this years, i bought a thurntable and my first LPs was 'Ini Kamoze - Ini Kamoze' 'Martin Campbell - Historical Tracks (1978-1981) - The Foundation' and 'Bush Chemists - Strictly Dubwise'
the last i bought i can remember well 'Scientist - Jah Life In Dub' 'Sceptre - Essence Of Redemption - Ina Dif'rent Styley' and ' Pablo Moses - Revolutionary Dream'

ras_smileleaf  ras_lighter ras_smileleaf ras_lighter ras_smileleaf ras_lighter ras_smileleaf ras_lighter ras_smileleaf ras_lighter ras_smileleaf

'Reggae is the word that hits at the heartstrings the mind can’t control. I & I get the message of Rastafari out through reggae. It is the black music line of message to the world. It is the black Rastaman line of message to the world. It is the metaphorical Black Star Line' Ras Michael
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: